Learn More About VS2 Clarity
VS2 clarity is a diamond grading term that refers to the amount and visibility of inclusions in a diamond. Inclusions are natural imperfections or defects that can be found within a diamond.
In diamonds, clarity is graded on a scale ranging from FL (flawless) to I3 (included). VS2 clarity falls under the Very Slightly Included (VS) category, which is the third-highest clarity grade after FL and IF (internally flawless).
Overall, VS2 Diamonds Are Quite Rare
VS2 diamonds have very small inclusions that are difficult to see even with a 10x magnification loupe. These inclusions are typically only visible under close examination by a trained gemologist.
VS2 diamonds are considered to be of good quality and value. They offer a good balance between the rarity and price of a diamond.
In Short, They Have Inclusions, But These Are Quite Small
The most common types of inclusions found in VS2 diamonds are pinpoints, clouds, feathers, and crystals. Pinpoints are very small, pinpoint-sized inclusions that are difficult to see even under magnification. Clouds are groups of small inclusions that create a hazy or foggy appearance in the diamond.
Feathers are fractures or breaks in the diamond that can be seen as lines or cracks under magnification. Crystals are inclusions that have a different chemical composition than the diamond itself and appear as tiny spots or bubbles under magnification.
It’s Not All Black And White
In terms of cut, color, and carat weight, VS2 diamonds can range widely. They can be found in a variety of cuts, including round, princess, oval, and cushion, as well as a range of colors from D (colorless) to M (light yellow). The carat weight of a VS2 diamond can also vary, from small sizes of less than 0.5 carats to larger sizes of over 2 carats.
Overall, VS2 clarity is a good quality for a diamond and offers a good value for the price. It is a popular choice for diamond jewelry, such as engagement rings and earrings, as it provides a good balance of beauty and affordability.
Here is an example of a VS1 clarity diamond:
7 Great Things About VS2 Diamonds:
- VS2 diamonds are high quality. VS2 diamonds are considered to be of high quality in terms of clarity, with inclusions that are slightly larger and more visible than those of VS1 diamonds under 10x magnification. As a result, these diamonds still have a high level of sparkle and brilliance.
- VS2 diamonds are more affordable than higher clarity grades. Compared to VVS1 or VVS2 diamonds, which are considered to be the highest quality in terms of clarity, VS2 diamonds are typically more affordable. This means that they can provide a good level of quality and value at a lower price point.
- VS2 diamonds have a good resale value. Because they are considered to be of high quality, VS2 diamonds often have a good resale value. This means that if you purchase a VS2 diamond, you can expect to get a good return on your investment if you decide to sell it in the future.
- VS2 diamonds are durable. Inclusions and blemishes in diamonds can act as points of weakness, making the diamond more susceptible to chipping or breaking. Because VS2 diamonds have relatively few inclusions, they are generally more durable and less likely to be damaged than lower quality diamonds.
- VS2 diamonds have a good price to quality ratio. VS2 diamonds provide a good balance of quality and affordability, offering a high level of clarity at a lower price point than higher clarity grades such as VVS1 or VVS2. This makes them a good option for those looking to get a high quality diamond at a more affordable price.
- VS2 diamonds are rare. While not as rare as VVS1 or VVS2 diamonds, VS2 diamonds are still considered to be relatively rare and highly prized in terms of clarity. This means that owning a VS2 diamond can be seen as a status symbol, as it signifies that the owner has access to a high quality gemstone.
- VS2 diamonds are aesthetically pleasing. Despite having slightly more inclusions than VS1 diamonds, VS2 diamonds still have a high level of clarity and a clean, pure appearance. This makes them pleasing to the eye and can enhance the overall beauty of a piece of jewelry. Additionally, the inclusions in VS2 diamonds may be less noticeable to the naked eye than those in SI